2022 Spring Bass Tournament
McGill to Hold 19th Annual Fishing Competition
We are excited to get back on the water. What better way to spend a Friday than joining McGill for our 19th Annual Spring Bass Tournament. Join us on Friday, April 22, 2022, for a great day of fun and fishing. The headquarters of the tournament will be located at the City of Lenoir Water Treatment Facility and the launch site will be the Conley Creek NCWRC ramp that adjoins the facility. Prizes will be awarded to winning participants after the weigh-in, and a barbecue meal will be provided after the tournament. Please contact Nick Huffman or Lisa Watts by Friday, April 8, 2022, to reserve your team’s spot.
Nick Huffman, PE
Tournament Rules and Highlights
- Entry fee: $30 per angler with 100% payback.
- Tournament hours: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Launch Site: NC Wildlife Boat Ramp, Conley Creek Access.
- Registration is capped at 30 boats. Reserve your team by April 8, 2022.
- Only bass (largemouth, spotted, and smallmouth) will be weighed.
- The creel limit will be 2 or less bass under 14 inches, and 3 or more bass over 14 inches, with a maximum limit of 5 fish per boat.
- Only artificial bait may be used. This is a catch-and-release tournament, so anglers should try to keep catches alive.
- Winners will be based on total catch weight per boat. A prize will also be awarded to the angler who catches the largest bass and non-bass species during the tournament.
- Boat numbers will be determined by date of receipt of entry fee.
- Option to enter raffle for drawing – all proceeds from the raffle will go to benefit local conservation efforts.
- View Full Tournament Rules
Registration Forms and Instructions for the 2022 Spring Bass Tournament
Note: if the PDF document does not appear in a new browser window, check your browser’s downloads folder for the document.