20th Annual McGill Spring Bass Fishing Tournament was a Huge Success
The 20th Annual McGill Spring Bass Fishing Tournament took place on Lake Rhodhiss Friday, April 21st. The day started at 8 am with 21 boats and 42 anglers launching to see what the lake could provide. Congratulations to our first-place team, Dustyn Reece and Jesse Smith who represented Reece Logging, LLC. Dustyn and Jesse took home the $550 cash prize and $275 for the largemouth bass weighing in at 12.25 pounds.
The top 10 boats received cash prizes ranging from $10 – $250.
- 2nd – Rick Bradford and Scott Loftis representing the North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission
- 3rd – Danny Meaney representing the North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission
- 4th – Corey Patton and Jimmy Etheridge representing the North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission
- 5th – Brent Berry and Brooks Berry representing Quality Electric
- 6th – Phil Smathers and Richard Hodge representing the Town of Canton
- 7th – Jeff Grindstaff representing Ingles Markets and Phil Fisher representing McGill
- 8th – AJ Shipman representing Mission Hospital – HCA and Brian Moseman representing McGill
- 9th – Danny Bridges representing McGill and Christian Bridges representing North Carolina State University Chemical Engineering
- 10th –Reed Johnson and Lucas McKinney representing Mountain Electric Cooperative
In addition to these prizes, every angler walked away with a McGill fishing shirt and cooling towel. Of the 21 boats, 11 brought in 5 fish, 3 brought 4 fish, 3 brought 3 fish, 2 brought in 2 fish, 1 brought 1 fish, and 1 brought in 0 fish to weigh in. Surprisingly, no one brought in a non-bass to weigh in. A total of $1,680 in cash prizes were awarded at the tournament.
In addition to the cash prizes, McGill provided each angler with a raffle ticket for 2 Yeti tumblers, 25 PDQ gift cards, a Yamaha pro fishing hat, a Bass Pro Shop cooler, a humming bird feeder from Granite Falls Hardware, a cooler provided by Eaton, Hickory Crawdads tickets, Frankie’s Pizza gift card, 5 free car washes at Caliber Car Wash, Grandfather Mountain tickets, Beech Mountain golf tickets, Tool battery, 3 Lowe’s gift cards, and a Walmart gift card.
Thanks to All Who Participated in McGill’s Annual Spring Bass Fishing Tournament
We would like to thank all of our partners and sponsors (EGI Associates, Inc; Quality Electric, Inc; Mountain Credit Union; National Power; and Curtis Power Solutions), and anglers. A special thanks to the City of Lenoir for providing their facilities for the weigh-in and dinner along with Mountain Credit Union for sponsoring our barbeque dinner catered by JD’s Smokehouse. We hope you will join us next year!